29 Jul 05
PRESS RELEASE – UNIVERSAL MUSIC
A TRIBUTE TO THE KING
Scotty Moore & Friends – Live At Abbey Road Studios
Due 3 October 2005
December 2004 and London’s famous Abbey Road Studios plays host to a stellar line-up of legendary guitar gods, for a very special one-off tribute concert in honour of The King, with musical direction from his first guitarist, first manager and life-long friend, Scotty Moore. Universal Music is proud to announce the October 3rd 2005 DVD premiere of A Tribute To The King, featuring the songs made famous by Elvis Presley, performed by Scotty Moore and friends.
Following on from the re-release of Presley’s first single ‘That’s Alright Mama’, it seemed only fitting that during a year which will see more celebrations to mark the 50th Anniversary of Rock ‘n’ Roll, distinguished guitarist Scotty Moore should lead an exclusive tribute concert, showcasing the music made famous by The King. Moore was joined at Abbey Road by a roster of international guitar heroes including Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits, Rolling Stones past and present Bill Wyman and Ronnie Wood, Steve Gibbons, Mike Sanchez and many more.
Over two dozen Presley classics including ‘Heartbreak Hotel’, ‘Shake, Rattle And Roll’, ‘All Shook Up’ and ‘Blue Suede Shoes’ are captured for DVD in stunning 5.1 dts, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound and 2.0 Dolby Stereo. The producer also conducted extensive interviews with Moore, Jerry Schilling, and the musicians who gathered at Abbey Road, in order to present a collection of bonus feature interviews, exclusive to the DVD A Tribute To The King.
Whilst fans of Elvis hold a warm place in their hearts for his original guitar player, Scotty Moore is cited as a genuine rock pioneer by guitarist’s world wide. A musical role model, respected and admired by professional and amateur guitarists alike, A Tribute To The King is a chance for those fans to enjoy again the songs made famous by Elvis Presley and the music founded by Scotty Moore.
Universal Music plan to produce an exclusive limited edition version of A Tribute To The King. Alongside the standard DVD amaray packaging, 25,000 slipcase amaray’s will be released, complete with stunning red foil lettering. A must-have addition to any fan’s collection.
Title: A Tribute To The King
Release Date: 3rd October 2005
Audio: 5.1 dts, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound & 2.0 Dolby Stereo
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Running Time: 1 hour 20 Mins
Record Label: Universal Music
Catalogue Number: 987294-9
01. Blue Moon Of Kentucky (Mark Knopfler)
02. My Baby Left Me (Mike Sanchez)
03. Thatâ€™s All Right Mama (Eric Clapton)
04. Heartbreak Hotel (Steve Gibbons)
05. Trying To Get You (Albert Lee)
06. Baby Letâ€™s Play Out (Mark Knopfler)
07. Shake, Rattle And Roll (Paul Ansell)
08. Mess Of Blues (Paul Ansell)
09. One Night With You (Paul Ansell)
10. Donâ€™t Be Cruel (Steve Gibbons)
11. Money Honey (Eric Clapton)
12. All Shook Up (Mike Sanchez)
13. Lawdy Miss Cloudy (Mike Sanchez)
14. Blue Moon (Martin Taylor)
15. I Forgot To Remember (Paul Ansell)
16. Reconsider Baby (Paul Ansell)
17. Ready Teddy (Paul Ansell)
18. Heartbreak Hotel (Martin Taylor)
19. Donâ€™t (David Gilmour)
20. Jailhouse Rock (Steve Gibbons)
21. Good Rocking Tonight (Paul Ansell)
22. I Donâ€™t Care If The Sun Donâ€™t Shine (Steve Gibbons)
23. Baby I Donâ€™t Care (Albert Lee)
24. Blue Suede Shoes (Albert Lee)
25. Tennessee Waltz (Martin Taylor)
26. Mystery Train (Eric Clapton)
27. Hound Dog (Albert Lee)
â€¢ Interview with Scotty Moore
â€¢ Interview with Jerry Schilling
â€¢ Interview with friends
â€¢ Approx 25 minutes behind the scenes/rehearsal footage.