26 May 10
Eric Clapton’s and Steve Winwood’s 16-date European Tour reached Paris on Tuesday, 25 May. In a two plus hour show, "Voodoo Chile" remained the killer song of the evening. The duo tweaked the set list again, replacing "Going Down Slow" with "Key To The Highway" and "Split Decision" with "Gimme Some Lovin’". Calling it the "best concert of my life," one fan told Where’s Eric! that, "The whole band was on fire from the beginning, with great solos on ‘Had To Cry Today’. The ‘After Midnight / Presence Of The Lord’ medley was great too, with a stunning wah wah solo on the second. Fantastic solos from both Steve Winwood and Chris Stainton on ‘Glad’, an absolute highlight was Steve Gadd’s drumming on ‘Well Alright.’ ‘Tough Luck’ was nothing but Eric Clapton’s song, with many solos and great singing." Overall, if those at the gig in Paris had to point to one song as the absolute highlight, it was "Voodoo Chile", just like all of the preceding shows on this tour.
For the trainspotterish, Eric’s gear on this tour is:
The Clapton / Winwood Tour continues this week with dates in Basel (26 May), Dusseldorf (28 May) and Arnhem (29 May). It wraps on 13 June in Istanbul. A complete list of dates is available on the Tour Page of whereseric.com; tickets are still available for select concerts.
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Set List – 25 May 2010
Palais Omnisports de Bercy, Paris
01. Had To Cry Today
02. Low Down
03. After Midnight
04. Presence Of The Lord
05. The Shape I’m In
07. Well Alright
08. Tuff Luck
09. While You See A Chance
10. Key To The Highway (replaced Going Down Slow)
11. Midland Maniac
12. Slide Song (A) – song title pending; it’s even listed on the set list as "Slide Song (A)"
15. How Long
17. Can’t Find My Way Home
18. Gimme Some Lovin’ (replaced Split Decision)
19. Voodoo Chile
21. Dear Mr. Fantasy (encore)
Were you lucky enough to be at the Paris gig? Going to a show later in the tour? If so, Where’s Eric! wants to hear from you! As always, we’ll be publishing set lists, fan reviews and photos for each stop on the tour on whereseric.com. After all, WE! can’t do it without YOU!
After you attend a concert, email the following details to [email protected]:
– Show date and venue name
– The complete set list
– Your review
– Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
– Feel free to include information about EC’s guitars, amps and effects pedals if you know it.
– You can also send your concert photographs, pictures of the venue or memorabilia (tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising). The best ones may be even be published in Where’s Eric! Magazine. Please send high-resolution photographs when possible; image files 500K and up are preferred.