2 Jun 11
On 1 June, Eric Clapton concluded his 11-night residency at London’s Royal Albert Hall with a performance with his former Blind Faith bandmate, Steve Winwood. EC’s run of shows started on 17 May with 6 solo performances. From 26 May, he was joined by Winwood for 5 nights. With the final concert, the musicians pulled out all the stops for their 20-song set. According to early reports, there was no single highlight – the show went from strength to strength in a flawless peformance.
On stage with the legendary musicians were Willie Weeks (bass), Steve Gadd (drums), Chris Stainton (keyboards), Michelle John (backing vocals) and Sharon White (backing vocals). Support was Andy Fairweather Low And The Low Riders.
Next on EC’s schedule is an appearance at a charity concert benefitting stroke research at Wintershall Estate, Bramley, Surrey on Saturday 4 June. Tickets for this very special black-tie event are £135 each and can be purchased by telephone from 01483 892167 (Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM – UK) or via email from [email protected]. Following that, EC heads off on a short Scandinavian Tour which begins on 6 June.
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood
1 June 2011 Set List – Royal Albert Hall
01. Had to Cry Today
02. Low Down
03. After Midnight
04. Presence Of The Lord
06. Well Alright
07. Hoochie Coochie Man
08. While You See A Chance
09. Key To The Highway
10. Pearly Queen
14. That’s No Way To Get Along
16. Can’t Find My Way Home
17. Gimme Some Lovin’
18. Voodoo Chile
20. Dear Mr. Fantasy
FANS! DON’T FORGET TO SUBMIT SET LISTS, REVIEWS & PHOTOS TO WHERE’S ERIC!
As always, Where’s Eric! will be publishing set lists and reviews in the Tour Archive Section of whereseric.com but, WE! can’t do it without YOU! If you’re been at one of the Royal Albert Hall gigs, or are off to one of EC’s remaining June concerts, help build the permanent Eric Clapton Tour Archive on this website. It doesn’t matter if it was your first Clapton concert or your 101st. Thousands of EC’s fans from all over the world visit whereseric.com daily to check out what songs are played and read what other fans have to say about the shows. Here’s how you can help keep your fellow fans informed:
– Email details to [email protected]
– Include show date and venue name
– The complete set list
– Your review
– Be sure to include your name and city so it can be featured with your review (no aliases or anonymous submissions, please. Upon request, we will use your first name and surname initial only.)
– Feel free to include information about EC’s guitars, amps and effects pedals
– You can also send your photos from the concert or of memorabilia. Things like tickets, handbills, programmes, posters or local concert advertising (the best photos may be even be published in Where’s Eric! Magazine). All photos should be at least 500K in file size; sending your original, unedited images is best. Scans of tickets, flyers etc. should be at 150 dpi.
Please remember that the Where’s Eric! Team is made up of a very small number of fan-volunteers. It is impossible for the staff to be at all shows on a tour. That’s why we ask our fellow fans to assist in building an accurate concert archive by submitting set lists and other details from each tour stop. Even if you don’t have the time to write a full-fledged review, feel free to participate in this project by sending the complete set list. After all, WE! can’t do it without YOU!